Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The of Jozi,Robbie Thorpe he is looking foward to taking best picture home at SAFTAS on sunday

Date: 16 Fabruary 2011
Article: Zama Hlongwane

We got to catch up with Robbie Thorpe of T.O.M pictures who has been nominated for six South African Film and Television Awards, which will be taking over two consecutive weekends of February on the 20th and on the 27th.  Film producer extrodinaire got to share  some light on the up and coming SAFTAS and on the year ahead. 

Zama: How does it feel to be nominated for six SAFTAS?
Robbie:I got to be honest with you, it feels great to be nominated 6 times it’s always good to get acknowledgement for your hardword work. I don’t mean to brag but I have been nomitaded about 40 times over the years it,s not  a new feeling but it always feels good. However getting nominated is just the cherry on top but it’s not the cake, instead one should not stop when they get awarded they should keep moving and achieve more,be better than the last production.
Zama: What was your insipration behind the film Jozi?
Robbie:My insipiration for Jozi was the drive to change the stereotype that people have, about Johannesburg which is where I come from, and my love for the city. To let them know that it’s the people who turn against the city and not the city turning against them.
Zama:Which award do you look forward to taking home?
Robbie: In all honesty I would love to take home the father of the year award(he laughs) but as a producer best picture would really do it for me.
Zama:lf you had a choice, which person would you not be in the same catergory with?
Robbie: No one I respect my colleauges, it’s just that i prefer on focusing on myself and my work. I mean what good does it do me to focus my energy on what the next personis doing?  Besides a little competion is healthy it keeps you on your toes.
Zama:What more can we expect from you in the coming year?
Robbie:Oh yes what would be the point of living if we stopped. I am currently busy with my next film Material on the14th of March the movie feature Riaad Moosa it’s going to be a comedy. As well as a film about people, authentic experiences in South Africa,watch out for those two films.he concludes

No comments: